Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Despite Mile Sur

It was always a pleasing song to hear right from my childhood days...



Mile sur mera tumharaa.. thoo... sur bane hamaara.. Mile sur mera tumhara...
Sur kee nadhiyaan har disha se behkee saagar mein mile... Baadalon ka roop lekar barse halke halke...
Mile sur mera tumharaa.. thoo... sur bane hamaara.. Mile sur mera tumhara...


I used to start singing this song and people around would just join in with ...sur bane humaara.... aaahahaha... what a feeling!! :) And for me, personally... there's a railway station in Bangalore, the Yashwanthpur station, that has been given a face-lift recently and every time I go there during the daytime, all I see on the brand new LCD screens is the song 'Mile sur...' playing and that was what made going to that station fun, despite the intense IRs!!

And I was totally excited and charged up on hearing about 'Phir mile sur...' and the first thing I heard about it... my darling, Anoushka's piece in it!! to be precise, at 2m 06secs :D She was, as usual, AWESOME!! :D and also I liked Amjad Ali Khan's piece. But it is only when I sat to watch the entire video at once, I realized, aakhir humaare sur itne bhi nahin milte hai!! 16 mins long!! :O anyway, talk of being biased or partial, and it would totally me... full points to it, for Anoushka :D

And of course, I can still say, this one is not even remotely close to 'Mile sur...', that was after all all the legends together in it and that was the REAL thing. Better not to compare. Spare Anoushka :| ;)

But as long as the sur is in tune, aall iij well :)

Jai Hind :|

see you when I see you folks :D

No comments: